You look at Mac OSX and be amazed with the interface? Well, you can have that, the only thing you need will be a cheap Ubuntu Lucid box.
1. Install Mac4Lin theme
– When prompted, choose Run in Terminal
– When asked about components require root access. Choose y
– When asked about bootup screen, choose 0
2. Adjust Global Menu
– Open your Terminal
– Enter the following command
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:globalmenu-team
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install gnome-globalmenu
– You need to remove all the left components of the Panel (Right click and select Remove from Panel). After that, right click on the Panel on top and choose Add to Panel > Main Menu. Use your mouse, right click and choose Move to arrange the component as below
3. Adjust Dock
– There are many kind of Dock, but here we use Cairo Dock
– Install cairo dock using apt-get
sudo apt-get install cairo-dock
– Remove the bottom panel by right click and choose Delete This Panel.
– For the best performance & stability, ensure your system supports Compiz. If your system doesn’t support Compiz, use the following command
gconftool-2 –type boolean –set /apps/metacity/general/compositing_manager TRUE
to activate and use Metacity Compositing feature.