The Apple Remote Desktop 3.3 installer may report that it requires Mac OS X v10.6 when used with OS X Lion. In Mountain Lion, the Apple Remote Desktop 3.3 installer may report that ""RemoteDesktop.mpkg" can’t be opened because it is from a an unidentified developer."
Show how to solve this?
- Copy the Apple Remote Desktop Installer from the Installation disc to the desktop.
- Press and hold the Control key and click the Installer icon.
- In the contextual menu that appears, choose Show Package Contents.
- In the package contents, navigate to Contents/Installers.
- Control-click RemoteDesktopAdmin.pkg and choose Show Package Contents.
- In the package contents, double-click the Archive.pax.gz file to expand it.
- In the expanded archive, navigate to Archive/Applications/ and drag Remote Desktop to your Applications folder.
- Run Software Update immediately to update Remote Desktop to the latest version.